Friday, January 27, 2012

How green are you?





Hi all. This is my last post and in this opportunity I will write about a very important issue: The environment and how to care of it.

People can learn about friendly practices, for example, looking at various websites or reading specialized magazines.

I think that is possible to incorporate recycling into my habits, for example, recycling bottles, bags, tetra pack, or separating the trash between organic waste and inorganic waste, and separating plastics, papers, tetra packs and tin.

I like to walk, but I don´t use a bike for transportation because I`m very coward, and I feel lots of nerves when I use a bike in the street with cars together, but I try to walk or use public transport.
I don’t have joined or supported any eco-organizations. I just know Greenpeace. When I was a teenager, I wanted to join to Greenpeace, but I didn’t know how to do it. Later, I forgot this issue, but I always try to take care about the environment and to care the animals.

Yesterday, Paulina and I built a greenhouse on the basis of recycled materials in our practice center. We used bottles to make the posts, big plastic bags recycled from the supermarket for making the lining and recycled pvc pipes to make the structure. I think that is very important to care about the environment and teaching to the new generation how to take care of the planet Earth.

I reduce whenever I can, for example, discarding the remains of the fruits in trees roots and using natural light whenever possible. I reuse the bottles or the yogurt containers and old papers for making toys to my cats and I recycle whenever I can.

Almost daily I see people throwing trash on the street. I think that is very important to improve education in issues about the environment and its cares. Teaching in the schools and making advertising campaigns.

1 comment:

  1. Is very good the work in your centers of practic, good luck whit this, see you later. Bye

    ReplyDelete